Inverness Basement Leak Solved
This below-ground basement is in a 25-year-old home located in Hoover’s Inverness area. The house had been waterproofed with an exterior system including a footing drain and membrane coating over the walls.
Unfortunately, this type of system nearly always fails sooner or later. In this case, the basement started becoming wet after heavy rain. The problem worsened until the floor and walls were perpetually damp. Eventually, mold and mildew made the basement unsuitable for storage, and the homeowners desire to turn it into a bedroom and den was out of the question.
The homeowner got quotes from 3 waterproofers. She chose Aqua-Guard Waterproofing for several reasons: our approach to the problem sounded sensible. We have a proven track record. And our prices are competitive.
We installed our 5-step system:
- Remove 8-12 inches of damaged concrete floor next to the walls.
- Clear debris, expose footer, and carefully grade a trench.
- Install weep-holes along the bottom course of block, permanently eliminating any buildup of water inside the cavities.
- Seal the walls with Aqua-Guard’s Poly Seal, protecting the interior from bleeding and sweating.
- Install the drain, bridging the pipe to the bottom of the Poly Seal and eliminating the need for gravel.
The homeowner finally has a permanently dry, dependable basement. She turned it into a finished living space, including sheetrock walls and new flooring. Her basement is covered by our “Life of the Structure” warranty which, should she decide to sell, transfers from owner to owner.
Do you have a similar problem? Call us today at (205) 824-8144 for a free estimate.