Inverness Leaking Basement Solved
Below you will find a case study that is all too typical in the waterproofing industry. A leaking basement can become a homeowner’s nightmare quickly. We are here to help! Read on as we outline the problem, solution and conclusion as to how we got this Inverness basement leak solved.
The Problem (Leaking Basement)
This below-ground basement is in a 25-year-old home located in Hoover’s Inverness area. The house had been waterproofed with an exterior system including a footing drain and membrane coating over the walls.
Unfortunately, this type of system nearly always fails sooner or later and develop a basement leak. In this case, the basement started becoming wet after heavy rain. The problem worsened until the floor and walls were perpetually damp. Eventually, mold and mildew made the basement unsuitable for storage, and the homeowners desire to turn it into a bedroom and den was out of the question.
The Next Step
The homeowner got quotes from 3 waterproofers to address her leaking basement. She chose Aqua-Guard Waterproofing for several reasons: 1) our approach to the problem sounded sensible 2) we have a proven track record and 3) our prices are competitive. We were happy to provide a single point of contact in getting her quote and communication handled.
We installed our 5-step system:
- Remove 8-12 inches of damaged concrete floor next to the walls. We do this with the utmost care to conserve all that is safely possible.
- Clear debris, expose footer, and carefully grade a trench.
- Install weep-holes along the bottom course of block, permanently eliminating any buildup of water inside the cavities.
- Seal the walls with Aqua-Guard’s Poly Seal, protecting the interior from bleeding and sweating.
- Install the drain, bridging the pipe to the bottom of the Poly Seal and eliminating the need for gravel.
Conclusion- No More Leaking Basement!
The homeowner finally has a permanently dry, dependable space after the basement leak was solved. She turned it into a finished living space, including sheetrock walls and new flooring. No more worries of mold or mildew and her basement is covered by our “Life of the Structure” warranty which, should she decide to sell, transfers from owner to owner.
Do you have a similar problem? Contact us today at (205) 824-8144 for a free estimate.