Inverness Home’s Leaking Basement Solved by Aqua-Guard Waterproofing
A leaking basement can quickly become a homeowner’s worst nightmare. We are here to help! Read on as we outline the root cause of, solution to, and conclusion of this Inverness basement leak.
The Problem: Leaking Basement
This below-ground basement is in a 25-year-old home located in Hoover, Alabama’s Inverness area. The house was previously waterproofed with an exterior system that included a footing drain and membrane coating over the walls.
Unfortunately, this type of system nearly always fails sooner or later. This often develops into a basement leak. In this case, the basement started becoming wet after heavy rain. The problem worsened until the floor and walls were perpetually damp. Eventually, mold and mildew made the basement unsuitable even for storage purposes. The homeowner’s desire to turn the space into a bedroom and den was out of the question at this point.
The Next Step: Getting Quotes
The homeowner got quotes from three different waterproofers to address her leaking basement. She chose Aqua-Guard Waterproofing for several reasons:
- Our approach to the problem sounded sensible and effective.
- We have a proven track record of success and happy customers.
- Our prices are competitive.
We were happy to provide the homeowner with a single point of contact to have her quote and all other communications taken care of.
The Solution: Aqua-Guard’s Complete Basement Waterproofing System
In order to restore the basement to a usable space, we installed our signature five-step complete basement waterproofing system.
- We removed 8-12 inches of the damaged concrete floor next to the basement walls. We did this with the greatest care to conserve as much material as possible.
- We cleared the debris, exposed the footer, and carefully graded a trench.
- We installed weep-holes along the bottom course of the block, permanently eliminating any buildup of water inside the cavities.
- We sealed the basement walls with Poly Seal, protecting the interior from bleeding and sweating.
- We installed a drain, bridging a pipe to the bottom of the Poly Seal and eliminating the need for gravel.
The Conclusion: No More Leaking Basement!
The homeowner now has a permanently dry and dependable basement. She finally was able to turn it into a finished living space, including sheetrock walls and new flooring. No more worries about mold or mildew!
Plus, her basement is covered by our “Life of the Structure” warranty. If she decides to sell her home at some point in the future, the basement waterproofing warranty transfers from owner to owner.